- All grant or vendor foreign payment requests must be initiated through the responsible Customer Program Office within the customer agency responsible for the program. Recipient/vendor payment requests will not be accepted if sent directly to the IBC from the recipient/vendor.
- Previously, some grant recipient payment requests were coming directly to the IBC from the grant recipient while all vendor payment requests have historically come directly from the Program Office to the IBC. Effective October 21, 2019, this is no longer a practice.
- Upon receipt of payment requests (SF-270 or other vendor invoice) that are payable to a recipient/vendor who utilizes a foreign bank (which requires payment through ITS), the responsible Program Office will validate the banking information received from the recipient/vendor by comparison with previously approved/validated banking information.
- If the banking information is different from the banking information previously received from that recipient/vendor, the Program Office staff responsible for the program/grant will follow-up with a phone call to the chief financial officer or equivalent at the recipient/vendor organization to validate the change. The recipient/vendor's chief financial authority will confirm the change in writing on signed organization letterhead.
- The Program Office will confirm the location of the foreign bank to be in the same country as the recipient/vendor. IBC will also provide a secondary review to ensure the location of the foreign bank is in the same country as the recipient/vendor.
- The ITS cover sheet (which should be obtained through the program office) for the grants payment process will include a section for the Program Office project officer to sign (prior to submitting to IBC) using their PIV card which contains two factor authentication (something you have--the PIV card, and something you know-the PIN number). This ensures the grant payment package is coming from a trusted sender at the Program Office and the banking information has been validated. The vendor payments ITS cover sheet already contains a digital PIV signature.
- If the banking information has changed from previously received banking information for that recipient/vendor, an elevated second level authority within the Program Office will be required to confirm the change adding their PIV signature.
- Correspondent Bank information may be included but is not required.
- Both the vendor payment and grant ITS cover sheets will contain a box that asks if this is a new foreign vendor (i.e., that the program office has not done previous business with before).
- For new foreign grant recipients that have not previously received ITS payments from me, the Program Office will contact the chief financial officer or equivalent at the recipient/vendor organization at the official telephone number to verify the banking information provided is correct prior to sending the first payment packet to the IBC. The recipient/vendor's chief financial authority will confirm the change in writing on signed organization letterhead. IBC will also contact the Program Office POC by phone and email when new grant recipient payments are received for validation.
- For new foreign vendors that have not previously received ITS payments from me, the IBC vendor payments team will contact a single POC at the Program Office to ensure the banking information is correct. The Program Office Poe will coordinate within the Program Office as needed to ensure the banking information is validated via phone call and in writing through the vendor chief financial authority and confirm to me that the payment can be initiated once they have validated this step has taken place.
- For all vendor and grant foreign payment requests provided by the Program Office to IBC, the me will validate whether the banking information received on the current request matches the banking information from ITS on the previous payment to that recipient/vendor. If the banking information differs, the IBC technician working that payment will not take any further action on the payment and will notify his/her supervisor, in writing. The IBC supervisor will reach back to the Program Office POC by phone call and email to validate the banking information.
- Payments to ASAP waived foreign recipients with a bank outside of the U.S. are made to the recipient’s bank account via International Treasury Services (ITS).