How can the recipient initiate payment in ASAP?
Funds are typically drawn by Payment Requestors on behalf of the Recipient or by a Recipient with a dual role as Payment Requestor.
To request funds to be deposited into your bank account from your ASAP.gov Account, complete the following steps:Step 1: Select Initiate a Payment Request
Payment requests must be entered in ASAP by the user with the Payment Requestor role. The payment is deposited to the recipient's bank account selected during the payment request.
Step 1: Initiate a Payment Request
Select "Initiate a Payment Request" from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
Step 2: Retrieve Accounts- define
Define criteria for the account(s)you wish
the recipient wish to retrieve, specify payment information, and click Continue.
- You must enter Enter the Requestor ID , which is the ID assigned that was assigned to the individual user that initiates the payment request from an ASAP account.
- Specify one or more of the following criteria:
- Recipient ID - the 7-digit identifier assigned to a Recipient Organization or Payment Requestor within ASAP.
- Account ID - ASAP account that has been setup by the federal program agency. If you do If the payment requestor does not know the exact Account ID, ASAP will allow you to retrieve a list of accounts associated with the organization(s) you have identified. You can also enter a wildcard search may be performed that will display all accounts for the recipient with the FWS. Enter a partial Account ID with wildcard characters the wildcard character (%) to generate a list of possible accounts. The more data you enter, the more narrow your retrieval results will be.
- Specify the following payment information:
- Payment Request Type (Individual or Summary)
- Payment method (ACH or Fedwire)
- Requested Settlement Date (if Fedwire Payment Method, date
- For ACH Payment Method:
- If the payment request is submitted before 11:59 pm ET and the settlement date is set up for the next business day, the funds will be available by 8:30 am ET on the next business day.
- If the payment request is submitted before 2:30 pm ET and the settlement date is set up for the same day, the funds will be available same day.
- For Fedwire Payment Method:
- Date defaults to current cycle date or to the next business day if FUNDS time has passed
- For ACH Payment Method:
- Same day payment is available, however, the payment method has to be set up in ASAP and the banking institution will charge a fee to use that method. There is no transmittal information that goes to the bank to identify the payment.
Step 3: Enter Payment Transactions-
Accounts are presentedto you
grouped by Recipient. Enter the Amount Requested for each ASAP Account ID forwhich you are requesting a payment
which the recipient is requesting payment. If multiple pages of accounts are retrieved, paginate through the pages to locate the accounts thatyou
they desire. Once Amount Requested has been entered, click Continue.
Step 4: Review Payment Transactions- If you wish
If the recipient would like to add more payment requests for different accounts, click Add More Accounts which willreturn you
return them to Step 2 pendingyour
their current requests. Follow Steps 2 & 3 for the new accounts.When you
When they get back to Step 4, all requests should be displayed. A summary table provides a list of paymentrequests you
requests that haveentered
been entered. Upon verification, enter Total Amount Requested and click Submit.
Step 5: Payment Transaction Confirmation-
Onceyou submit your
the payment requests have been submitted, the system will display a Confirmation. The status of the payment request and update to the Available Balance will vary depending on whether the account is on Agency Review and the Requested Settlement Date.
For additional assistance, the list of common questions as well as a PowerPoint tutorial on how to initiate payment in ASAP can be found at http://wsfrprograms.fws.gov/Subpages/FAPO/Service_Grants.htmrecipient can view the Initiate a Payment Request tutorial. A full tutorial can also be viewed when the recipient logs into ASAP and clicks on Help and find "Payment Requestor" tutorial. If after working through the tutorials and they find that they need additional assistance with ASAP, please email the Systems Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
Person to Contact:
ASAP Recipient ID:
FBMS Award Numbers (ask their Service Project Officer for this information):
Description of Error Message: Please be very specific. Provide a screen shot if possible.