Type: Instructor-led classroom training
Duration: 32 hours
This course provides a conceptual and working knowledge of advanced administrative and financial issues in managing grant programs administered by Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration (WSFR) Program. Emphasis is placed on complying with administrative and financial rules and regulations relating to the Acts, CFRs and OMB Circulars. Advanced topics include managing and monitoring funding sources, accounting for expenditures and reimbursements, financial reporting requirements and audit requirements. This includes the use and knowledge of the Service Manual, regulations, rules and other guidance.
Who should take this course:
Persons responsible for the coordination and/or financial administration of WSFR grants, especially state coordinators and accountants and WSFR regional staff. Persons attending this course are required to have basic knowledge and experience managing WSFR grants or have attended the Basic Grants Management Course.
- Describe the funding sources and methods in which funds are distributed for various grant programs administered by WSFR Program, and the Acts, Rules and Regulations governing the programs.
- Identify administrative compliance requirements including subrecipient monitoring.
- Become familiar with managing and monitoring grant funds, spending mandates and grant awards.
- Describe the roles, responsibilities, communication and issues involved in the audit process.
- Build a network of professional contacts across state and regional boundaries to assist in solving grant administrative and financial issues.
June 8-11, 2020 at the WSFR Region 8 HQ Office in Sacramento, CA. (Sunday and Friday are the travel days). (Postponed due to COVID-19)
October 26-29, 2020 at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, WV. (Sunday and Friday are the travel days). Registration is currently open through DOI Talent. See instructions below for how to register.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is committed to providing access to this course (event) for all participants. Please direct all requests for sign language interpreting services, close captioning, or other accommodation needs to Ryan Oster (firstname.lastname@example.org) 304-596-3641, or Phil King (email@example.com) 304-963-0643, or TTY 800-877-8339.
Financial Assistance Toolkit:
Persons attending the Advanced Grants Management course will be required, prior to the class, to download the current version of the Financial Assistance (FA) Training Toolkit onto either a work electronic device (tablet or laptop computer) or personal device and bring with them to the class. We will use the Toolkit as a resource throughout the class to review statutes, regulations, policies, and guidance. For directions on how to download the FA Training Toolkit, please click here: Financial Assistance Training Toolkit