Type: Instructor-led classroom training
Duration: 32 hours
This course provides a conceptual and working knowledge of advanced administrative and financial issues in managing grant programs administered by Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration (WSFR) Program. Emphasis is placed on complying with administrative and financial rules and regulations relating to the Acts, CFRs and OMB Circulars. Advanced topics include managing and monitoring funding sources, accounting for expenditures and reimbursements, financial reporting requirements and audit requirements. This includes the use and knowledge of the Service Manual, regulations, rules and other guidance.
Who should take this course:
Persons responsible for the coordination and/or financial administration of WSFR grants, especially state coordinators and accountants and WSFR regional staff. Persons attending this course are required to have basic knowledge and experience managing WSFR grants or have attended the Basic Grants Management Course.
- Describe the funding sources and methods in which funds are distributed for various grant programs administered by WSFR Program, and the Acts, Rules and Regulations governing the programs.
- Identify administrative compliance requirements including subrecipient monitoring.
- Become familiar with managing and monitoring grant funds, spending mandates and grant awards.
- Describe the roles, responsibilities, communication and issues involved in the audit process.
- Build a network of professional contacts across state and regional boundaries to assist in solving grant administrative and financial issues.
June 10 - 13, 2019 in Portland, Oregon (Sunday, June 9 and Friday June 14 are travel dates)
October 7 - 10, 2019 at NCTC, Shepherdstown, West Virginia (Sunday, October 6 and Friday October 11 are travel dates)
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is committed to providing access to this course (event) for all participants. Please direct all requests for sign language interpreting services, close captioning, or other accommodation needs to Julie Schroyer, 304-876-7927, email@example.com, TTY 800-877-8339.
AGM Registration - NCTC, Shepherdstown, WV (October 2019)
Contact Phil King at 304-876-7469