Type: Instructor-led classroom training
Duration: 24 hours
This course provides a basic knowledge of Federal requirements to submit, review, approve, monitor and manage WSFR land grants and to increase the effectiveness of Federal and State grant staff.
Who should take this course:
Persons responsible for managing WSFR land grants, including state wildlife agency coordinators, and WSFR Program grant specialists.
Draft Agenda: Lands Agenda
Lands course participants are required to take two on-line courses prior to the attending the Lands course. Students will learn about the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration program history, mechanics of the funding, program eligibility requirements, the importance of the partnership, the grant management process and 75 years of accomplishments. Please allow approximately 1 hour total to complete both on-line courses. Click on the links below to get started.
Increase participants knowledge, skills, and/or abilities in:
- Compliance requirements, NEPA, Section 7, SHPO and the Uniform Act;
- Writing project statements for land grants (narratives);
- Understanding the various types of real property interests
- Indentifying the appropriate valuation methods for determining reasonable cost for interest in real property acquired with WSFR grant funds
- Writing/submitting performance reports for land grants;
- Recognizing the grantee or subgrantee responsibilities for disposal of interests in real property acquired with WSFR funds or contributed as match for a WSFR grant
- Understanding the grantee responsibilities for managing, monitoring and inventory control of real property and conservation easements;
- Identifying general and specific grant program guidance related to land grants.
To be announced soon.
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is committed to providing access to this course (event) for all participants. Please direct all requests for sign language interpreting services, close captioning, or other accommodation needs to Julie Schroyer, 304-876-7927, email@example.com, TTY 800-877-8339.
Course registration and announcements for FY 2020 coming soon.
Contact WSFR Program's Information Management Branch at 304-876-7927