The administrator who registered the entity in SAM is no longer with the organization. How can the entity change the administrator in SAM?
SAM requires a notarized letter to give access to new Entity Administrators when the previous administrator is no longer with the organization and the new administrator cannot use the automated account migration tool. The notarized letter needs to:
- Be on the company/organization letterhead, and be signed by the company President, CEO, or other authorized signature authority
- Contain the company/organization DUNS Number
- Contain the old CCR Primary and Alternate POCs’ name (if you know it)
- Contain the new Entity Administrator’s name, phone number, address and email address
- Provide a justification for the change
- Contain this statement above the signature block of the letter and insert the appropriate names where noted:
The purpose of this notarized letter is to verify the identity of [insert name of Entity Administrator]. [Insert name of Entity Administrator] affirms that he or she is an authorized officer, agent, or representative of [insert entity name, or, for individuals not representing an entity, say him/herself]. This letter will authorize [Insert name of Entity Administrator] to have access to the System for Award Management (SAM). SAM is a computer system managed by the Federal Government, and it is only accessible by individuals who are either authorized to represent a particular entity, or by individuals representing themselves. Accessing or using SAM, or information contained therein, for any unauthorized or illegal purposes, may have civil and criminal penalties, and may negatively impact the status of the SAM registration maintained on this entity. I, the below-signed, attest to the accuracy of all information contained in this letter.
IMPORTANT: The letter must be notarized, scanned and attached to an open service ticket submitted to the Federal Service Desk (www.fsd.gov). They can call FSD at 866-606-8220 for a ticket number. The new Entity Administrator must have an individual SAM User Account created with the e-mail address provided in the notarized letter.
For instructions on how to create an individual SAM user account, they can refer to https://www.fsd.gov/fsd-gov/answer.do?sysparm_kbid=41d0e67e6f585100211956532e3ee42b&sysparm_search=how to register as a new user