How can the recipient initiate payment in ASAP?
Payment requests must be entered in ASAP by the user with the Payment Requestor role. The payment is deposited to the recipient's bank account selected during the payment request.
Step 1: Initiate a Payment Request
Select "Initiate a Payment Request" from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
Step 2: Retrieve Accounts
Define criteria for the account(s) the recipient wish to retrieve, specify payment information, and click Continue.
- Enter the Requestor ID that was assigned to the individual user that initiates the payment request from an ASAP account.
- Specify one or more of the following criteria:
- Recipient ID - the 7-digit identifier assigned to a Recipient Organization or Payment Requestor within ASAP.
- Account ID - ASAP account that has been setup by the federal program agency. If the payment requestor does not know the exact Account ID, a wildcard search may be performed that will display all accounts for the recipient with the FWS. Enter a partial Account ID with the wildcard character (%).
- Specify the following payment information:
- Payment Request Type (Individual or Summary)
- Payment method (ACH or Fedwire)
- Requested Settlement Date
- For ACH Payment Method:
- If the payment request is submitted before 11:59 pm ET and the settlement date is set up for the next business day, the funds will be available by 8:30 am ET on the next business day.
- If the payment request is submitted before 2:30 pm ET and the settlement date is set up for the same day, the funds will be available same day.
- For Fedwire Payment Method:
- Date defaults to current cycle date or to the next business day if FUNDS time has passed.
- Same day payment is available, however, the payment method has to be set up in ASAP and the banking institution will charge a fee to use that method. There is no transmittal information that goes to the bank to identify the payment.
- For ACH Payment Method:
Step 3: Enter Payment Transactions
Accounts are presented grouped by Recipient. Enter the Amount Requested for each ASAP Account ID for which the recipient is requesting payment. If multiple pages of accounts are retrieved, paginate through the pages to locate the accounts that they desire. Once Amount Requested has been entered, click Continue.
Step 4: Review Payment Transactions
If the recipient would like to add more payment requests for different accounts, click Add More Accounts which will return them to Step 2 pending their current requests. Follow Steps 2 & 3 for the new accounts. When they get back to Step 4, all requests should be displayed. A summary table provides a list of payment requests that have been entered. Upon verification, enter Total Amount Requested and click Submit.
Step 5: Payment Transaction Confirmation
Once the payment requests have been submitted, the system will display a Confirmation. The status of the payment request and update to the Available Balance will vary depending on whether the account is on Agency Review and the Requested Settlement Date.
For additional assistance, the recipient can view the Initiate a Payment Request tutorial. A full tutorial can also be viewed when the recipient logs into ASAP and clicks on Help and find "Payment Requestor" tutorial. If after working through the tutorials and they find that they need additional assistance with ASAP, please email the Systems Branch at email@example.com with the following information:
Person to Contact:
ASAP Recipient ID:
FBMS Award Numbers (ask their Service Project Officer for this information):
Description of Error Message: Please be very specific. Provide a screen shot if possible.