How can the recipient initiate payment in ASAP?
Payment requests must be entered in ASAP by the user with the Payment Requestor role. The payment is deposited to the recipient's bank account selected during the payment request.
Step 1: Initiate a Payment Request
Select "Initiate a Payment Request" from the drop down menu at the top of the screen.
Step 2: Retrieve Accounts
Define criteria for the account(s) the recipient wish to retrieve, specify payment information, and click Continue.
- Enter the Requestor ID that was assigned to the individual user that initiates the payment request from an ASAP account.
- Specify one or more of the following criteria:
- Recipient ID - the 7-digit identifier assigned to a Recipient Organization or Payment Requestor within ASAP.
- Account ID - ASAP account that has been setup by the federal program agency. If the payment requestor does not know the exact Account ID, a wildcard search may be performed that will display all accounts for the recipient with the FWS. Enter a partial Account ID with the wildcard character (%).
- Specify the following payment information:
- Payment Request Type (Individual or Summary)
- Payment method (ACH or Fedwire)
- Requested Settlement Date (if Fedwire Payment Method, date defaults to current cycle date or to the next business day if FUNDS time has passed)
Step 3: Enter Payment Transactions
Accounts are presented grouped by Recipient. Enter the Amount Requested for each ASAP Account ID for which the recipient is requesting payment. If multiple pages of accounts are retrieved, paginate through the pages to locate the accounts that they desire. Once Amount Requested has been entered, click Continue.
Step 4: Review Payment Transactions
If the recipient would like to add more payment requests for different accounts, click Add More Accounts which will return them to Step 2 pending their current requests. Follow Steps 2 & 3 for the new accounts. When they get back to Step 4, all requests should be displayed. A summary table provides a list of payment requests that have been entered. Upon verification, enter Total Amount Requested and click Submit.
Step 5: Payment Transaction Confirmation
Once the payment requests have been submitted, the system will display a Confirmation. The status of the payment request and update to the Available Balance will vary depending on whether the account is on Agency Review and the Requested Settlement Date.